Monday, February 21, 2011

Update on my Progress Report


I'm not sure why, but I had a nightmare about writing this blog post... fortunately it hasn't come true! Just goes to show how much Shakespeare class has influenced my life!
  1. Learning Outcomes: I feel as if I have partially neglected the outcomes expected of my research. I have not researched the plays as thoroughly as I would have liked, partially due to time constraints. I feel like I have tried to engage the texts well, and I have watched adaptations and films as the opportunities have come up.
  2. Reading and Research: So far, I have read Hamlet, Richard III, Twelfth Night, Macbeth, and The Tempest. The textbook's introductions to each play have really helped in guiding my attention to the plays' themes and meanings. Also, JSTOR has been really helpful on finding valuable sources and articles.
  3. Links and Connections: I would say this is the section that I'm struggling with the most. I usually do not link my own blogs together other than through whatever play they are about. I have linked to other learners' blogs, but not in a really relevant way. 
  4. Personal Impact: The personal impact has affected me in a lot of ways. I notice myself searching for Shakespearean references in popular media. I think oftentimes we don't realize how often Shakespeare makes his way into everyday conversations. One theme I have noticed in my blogging is the way in which I focus on characters that intrigue or interest me. I also tend to enjoy taking a section of a play and trying to completely comprehend it.
  5. Personal Evaluation: I feel like I have done pretty well in the presentation of my blog, but I feel like I could definitely improve in the depth area, as well as actually following through on my learning plan better.
  6. Peer Influence: Brooke R. and Whitney have both been really helpful in both their blog posts and in their initiative in planning things that will help expand others' learning. Thank you to both of you!