Friday, March 11, 2011

My Game Plan for the Rest of the Semester


Looking at what I have left to do, it can be a little bit overwhelming trying to figure out when I will get it all done. I've found that I need to take stock every now and then of what my goals are, as well as plan some things out, if I want to be able to function at all.

1. So with that in mind, my goal for my research is to finish by the end of March. That means at least two of my posts each week need to be research focused, if not all three.
Some ideas for how to focus these posts:
  • Follow up with Othello research
  • Follow up on the sonnets with some research sources
  • Use literary theory to analyze love in Twelfth Night or Richard III
  • Research spontaneity in love/relationships
  • Compare Shakespeare's relationship with Anne Hathaway to ideas expressed in plays

2. In addition to achieving this goal, I also have a goal to engage Shakespeare creatively through writing some sort of narrative about a more static Shakespearean character. I want to make a 2-dimensional character seem 3-dimensional. Hopefully I will get this done by March 25.

3. I also need to spend more time with digital mediations and performances of Shakespeare.
  • I am planning on watching Macbeth the movie this weekend (PBS with Patrick Stewart) and writing a review about it.
  • I also plan to attend the U of U performance of Macbeth. 
  • Then I will compare the different formats. 

4. Lastly, I need to do a performance of my own. I might be part of Janelle's puppet show she's planning to put on next weekend. If that doesn't come through, I will probably recite a monologue for a small audience.

So that's my plan! Let me know if you have any suggestions!